The insurance space continues to change, most recently with the passage of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act. ARP gives employees the opportunity to take advantage of a special COBRA subsidy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. While this helps employees affected by the pandemic, it also requires your clients with COBRA employees to communicate with affected current and former employees. It is one of the reasons your guidance is needed more than ever before by your prospects and clients.
Bottom line, our industry is constantly changing. That’s why the team at Word & Brown makes it easy for you to stay in the “insurance” know.
Here are six ways:
1) Online Newsroom and Broker Email Newsletter: Our online Newsroom and monthly email newsletter include topics brokers like you say you want, including:
- Word & Brown News
- Compliance news
- Industry news
- Carrier updates
- Technology updates
- Underwriting info
- Upcoming events
- And more
2) Email: We send emails throughout the month with product and carrier news, including special bonus opportunities, underwriting promotions, provider network news, available online and in-person training, staffing updates, technology enhancements, broker resources (including our quarterly Health Plan Reference Guides), and much more.
3) Compliance Updates: In addition to reporting on Compliance-related news in our monthly state-specific newsletters, we send special stand-alone emails to all brokers on changing Compliance regulations.
4) Carrier Con: Word & Brown annually hosts Carrier Con to help you better prepare for fourth quarter and peak season. The 2021 program includes Medical and Ancillary product updates, underwriting specials, bonus program information, and more from 20+ California and Nevada carriers and administrators. Keep an eye out for emails or Newsroom posts announcing how you can sign up!
5) Webinars & Events: We regularly collaborate with carriers, TPAs, and other partners, locally, regionally, and nationally, to host in-person and online training and events.
Our carrier and administrator partners include Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (in Nevada), Blue Shield of California, CaliforniaChoice, ChoiceBuilder, Cigna + Oscar, Health Net, Kaiser Permanente, MediExcel, MetLife, Prominence Health Plan, Sharp Health Plan, UnitedHealthcare, Western Health Advantage, and others.
We also work with TPAs to offer Self-Funding and Level Funding options, Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, COBRA administration, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan/Premium Only Plan administration, and ERISA compliance resources.
We offer broker- and client-friendly enrollment technology services through Ease, with live and recorded training monthly.
Visit our Events page for information on what’s coming up.
6) Technology News: The Tech Team in our Account Management group publishes a monthly technology update, the contents of which are highlighted in our Newsroom.
Staying up to date on the health insurance industry, carriers and products, and compliance is important to you as a health insurance professional – and in your role as an advisor and resource for your clients.
No other General Agency is more committed to helping you stay up to date. If you have questions, we invite you to contact your Word & Brown representative or nearest W&B office. We have six locations throughout California and Nevada.
Health Insurance Broker
2020 Salary Guide
For a sneak peek at what you can expect to earn as an insurance agent, get a copy of our “Insurance Broker Salary Guide.”