We continue to use this “Broker Aid’ column to spotlight roles across Word & Brown that are committed to helping you grow and service your business. This month, we’re focusing on the Account Manager position.
The Account Manager is the inside point of contact for broker and agency partners for all service and technical support issues. Account Managers are assigned based on a number of different criteria and work collaboratively with colleagues across Word & Brown, including staff in Sales, Underwriting, Compliance, Broker Resources, Finance, and other departments.
Account Managers have broad responsibilities, including:
- Developing, establishing, and maintaining positive relationships to help brokers and agencies meet or exceed their production goals and enhance their relationships with customers.
- Maintaining a high level of client experience satisfaction to ensure positive results from customer surveys and analyses.
- Acting as a liaison between Word & Brown and our partner health plans to resolve all service requests from brokers and their clients, including those related to billing, claims, eligibility, COBRA, and customer service requests.
- Conducting thorough provider network and prescription drug searches and analyses to ensure access for prospects and clients after selecting a health plan during enrollment.
- Collaborating with regional sales leaders, Operations, Compliance, and senior management to identify internal and external market training needs.
If you need service assistance, feel free to reach out to your Account Manager for help. If you’re unsure of your Account Manager, contact your Inside Sales Representative or Regional Sales Manager for help.
Watch for another Word & Brown role profile next month in our Broker Aid column.
Health Insurance Broker
2020 Salary Guide
For a sneak peek at what you can expect to earn as an insurance agent, get a copy of our “Insurance Broker Salary Guide.”