UnitedHealthcare (UHC) is adding new Primary Advantage PPO plans effective July 1, 2019.
The new Primary Advantage plans offer some outstanding features:
- $0 copay on Primary Care Physician (PCP) visits
- $0 copay on Virtual Visits (telemedicine)
- $5 copay on Tier 1 prescription drugs
- The $1,250 Gold plan has a $5,600 individual out-of-pocket maximum (OOPM)
Primary Advantage Prospects
- These plans are great for millennials who are not heavy utilizers, but want to go to a PCP for a regular checkup or an occasional cold; clients can have $0 PCP copay or can utilize a virtual visit for convenience, also with $0 copay; they also get a low Tier 1 Rx copay.
- These also work for any member if a catastrophic illness arises, because these plans still have the security of a richer benefit with a Gold or Platinum plan design.
Quote and Sell Choice Simplified Package
- Choice Simplified IV is the package offering these two new Primary Advantage PPO plan designs on both Select Plus and Core.
- The only PPO plan package that IV does not offer is the $0 deductible Platinum plan. Other than that, ALL PPO Select Plus and Core plan designs are available in Choice Simplified IV.
Let’s Talk Networks
- These two Primary Advantage PPO plan designs are offered on both the Select Plus Full Network and Core Narrow Network.
- The “advantage” wording is not to be mistaken with UHC’s HMO Advantage network for California groups. The naming is an outcome of this plan design being a viable national product successfully selling in several states outside of California.
- Platinum 0/250/20%: Plan code BM2V w/ Rx A67
- Gold 0/1250/30%: Plan Code BM2Y w/ Rx A68
Download UHC’s sales collateral on the Primary Advantage PPO using the links below:
Contact your Word & Brown representative to start your quote – or if you have any questions.