If you’re interested in pursuing a new career in sales, you may have heard or read that insurance sales can be very rewarding – both personally and financially.
That’s true. Working as an insurance agent or broker offers a lot of satisfaction that comes from helping individuals and employers find health insurance or other coverage that makes sense for their families, businesses, and budgets.
Furthermore, as an insurance sales professional, you have the freedom and flexibility to choose how, when, and where you work – and how much you want to earn.
There are several important steps to getting started. Word & Brown’s 6 Steps to Getting Your Health Insurance License is a great resource.
We break it all down for you:
• Decide Which Insurance License You Want to Get (there are many to choose from)
• Background Check and Fingerprinting (what’s involved, where to get it done)
• Prelicensing Education Requirements (required hours and courses)
• Taking Your Test (guidelines for getting scheduled and tested in California and Nevada)
• Getting Bonded/Securing E&O Coverage (protecting yourself with liability insurance)
• Meeting Ongoing Education Requirements (license renewal and training resources)
Kick-start your new career today by downloading our guide below!