When you’re an insurance sales professional, you’re bound to experience challenging days and amazing days. To keep you motivated, and help you maintain a positive attitude – and drive your team to better results, too – consider the following 21 motivational quotes.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. — Vince Lombardi, American Football Coach (Green Bay Packers) and NFL Executive
- The way you position yourself at the beginning of a relationship has profound impact on where you end up. — Ron Karr, American Speaker, Marketing Consultant, and Author
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. — Thomas Edison, American Inventor and Businessman
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks and starting on the first one.” — Mark Twain, American Writer and Humorist
- There is always room at the top. — Daniel Webster, Former U.S. Secretary of State Under Three Presidents, Member of U.S. Congress (Representing New Hampshire and Massachusetts)
- It always seems impossible, until it’s done. — Nelson Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Activist, Politician, and First President of South Africa
- If you’re going through hell, keep going. — Winston Churchill, Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. — William James, American Philosopher, Historian, and Psychologist
- For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough. — Zig Ziglar, American Author, Salesman, and Motivational Speaker
- Goals aren’t enough. You need goals plus deadlines: goals big enough to get excited about plus deadlines to make you run. One isn’t much good without the other, but together they can be tremendous. —Ben Feldman, American Businessman and Prolific Insurance Sales Professional
- Quality is not an act; it is a habit. — Aristotle, Greek Philosopher
- With the new days comes new strength and new thoughts. — Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady, Diplomat, and Activist
- All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. — Walt Disney, American Animator, Film Producer, and Entrepreneur
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. — Helen Keller, Author, Disability Rights Advocate, Political Activist, and Lecturer
- We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. — Charles R. “Chuck” Swindoll, Pastor, Author, and Educator
- Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life. — Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
- If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will. — Bob Hooey, Author, Teacher, and Motivational Speaker
- The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! — Marvin Phillips, American Professional Basketball Player (Now Playing in Canadian League)
- You just can’t beat the person who never gives up. — Babe Ruth, American Professional Baseball Player, 22 Seasons (Atlanta Braves, New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox)
- When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. — Joe Namath, American Football Quarterback, 13 Seasons (Los Angeles Rams, New York Jets, Alabama Crimson Tide)
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m impossible!” — Audrey Hepburn, British Actor, Film and Fashion Icon
Working with a General Agency (GA) can also help keep you motivated. That’s because a GA like Word & Brown can relieve you of many administrative tasks related to insurance sales. In fact, Word & Brown has been working with brokers since 1985. We offer unparalleled service, provider and Rx searches, quoting assistance, a broad product and service portfolio, industry-leading tech, ongoing training and education, and support from insurance professionals with decades of experience.
Contact your Word & Brown representative today to find out what we can do to help you quote, close, service, and renew more cases during peak season and throughout 2024. If you’re not yet doing business with us, call 800-869-6989 or fill out our online form to learn more.