At Word & Brown, we want to help you deliver accurate answers to your clients in response to their questions about COVID-19. We know your customers and their employees have many concerns about how the pandemic could affect – or already is affecting – them.
Our Account Management team recently surveyed 12 of our carrier, health plan, and administrator partners to find out how each is handling issues of importance to employers and employees.
Our compiled carrier survey covers a broad range of topics:
- Employer plan changes
- Employee plan changes
- Employer contribution changes
- Premium grace period
- Leave or reduction of employee hours
- Special open enrollment
- Rehire eligibility
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits
- Requesting invoices
- Recertification requests
- COVID-19 treatment
You can download a copy of our survey results by visiting our COVID-19 microsite and clicking on the first link in the Word & Brown section. You can also download our separate ancillary carrier survey, with responses to similar COVID-19 questions from nearly 20 of our Dental and Vision partners.
This document is updated several times a week as new information is shared with us, so check back often for the latest responses.
We welcome additional questions through our Account Management team. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You and your clients may also want to review these additional resources from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Department of Labor, and Small Business Administration:
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans – Small Business Guide and Checklist (Chamber of Commerce)
- PPP Information Sheet for Borrowers (Treasury)
- FFCRA Poster, FAQs (DOL)
- FFCRA Fact Sheet for Employers: Employee Paid Leave Rights (DOL)
- FFCRA Fact Sheet for Employers: Employer Paid Leave Requirements (DOL)
- FFCRA Poster, Employee Rights (DOL)
- FFCRA Temporary Non-Enforcement Bulletin (DOL)
- Navigating Paid Sick and Family Leave Tax Credits FAQs (IRS)
- CARES Act Assistance for Small Employers (Treasury)
Not Already a W&B Broker?
If you’re not already working with Word & Brown, please contact any of our six regional offices to find out how you can started, and how you can take advantage of all of the tools and resources we offer to help you address your clients’ needs and drive new revenue with our broad product portfolio.
Health Insurance Broker
For a sneak peek at what you can expect to earn as an insurance agent, get a copy of our “Insurance Broker Salary Guide.”