Word & Brown has a decades-long commitment to developing technology to help brokers and your clients. We set the standard for quoting – back in 1985 – when we launched what was then known as Quot-O-Matic. It was an innovative new approach to quoting that allowed brokers to easily assembly quotes from multiple insurance carriers into one consolidated proposal for Small Group clients.
Today, we continue to be at the forefront of the industry, offering a range of technology to help you compete more effectively in a rapidly changing insurance and health care marketplace. Here’s an overview of the technology advantages offered by Word & Brown:
- WBQuote: Our latest quote engine includes built-in safeguards to help you avoid errors and deliver a quote that is guaranteed accurate. It also includes:
- Highlighted plan differences making it easy to compare current plans with renewal options or comparable alternatives to afford a quick comprehensive view of benefit differences.
- Accurate rating for new hires based on each carrier’s age guidelines on the employee’s planned effective date.
- Integrated Provider Search ensures quotes include the doctors, medical groups, and hospital your clients want, while also identifying the lowest-cost packages for each alternative carrier.
- Multiple OLE/Benefits Management Platforms: We partner with both GoCo and Ease, and offer both applications, including set-up plus training, so you and your clients can make the most of the platform you choose.
- HR Support: Our HRWow program, which costs you and your clients nothing, includes the ability for employers to ask unlimited questions of an HR professional via phone or email – plus get help with a customized employee handbook, HR forms, and more.
- WBMedID: Our exclusive mobile app gives insured California members access to Medical ID Card information on their smartphones as soon as their case is approved (typically 24-48 hours after carrier approval). Current carriers include Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, and Health Net.
- Integrated Provider Search: Forget having to visit multiple carriers’ websites to use their provider searches. All of our Medical carriers are built-into our provider search using carriers’ data. While other services rely on screen-scraping from the carrier’s website, our data is delivered via direct-feeds from each carrier. That means our data is more complete, accurate, and up-to-date than any other third-party service. You can see which doctors, medical groups, and hospitals are available with each plan – and be sure you’ve included those your clients and their employees need.
- New Hire Worksheets: Because carriers use different calculations to determine an applicant’s age, creating a new hire quote can be confusing. Our New Hire Worksheet simplifies eligibility and accurately calculates rates based on the selected carrier – for any group, whether sold through Word & Brown or not.
- API integrations: Agencies and your partner vendors will appreciate our Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for specialized uses. We offer raw data, including plan benefits and rates, as well as quoting and employee-plan eligibility. We make it easy to seamlessly take data from our quote and use it elsewhere via our Quote-to-Enroll, which pushes quote data into other applications. We also offer two carrier integrations and the ability to transmit Cases and RFP requests for Large Group to us from any CRM or other platform.
If you’re ready to put our technology to work, contact your Word & Brown representative or your nearest regional office.
The insurance industry and technology are constantly evolving. We’re working every day to help you generate comprehensive, guaranteed-accurate quotes, expedite enrollments, and enhance your service to clients. Stay tuned for future announcements about Word & Brown’s expanding technology suite.