Anthem Blue Cross and Sutter Health Agree to New Contract
Posted: March 20, 2019 by Staff Writer
Anthem Blue Cross and Sutter Health System have reached a new multi-year contract, effective April 1, 2019.
It gives Anthem members access to more than 25 Sutter-affiliated hospitals and more than a dozen physician and medical groups throughout Northern California.
The new agreement follows several months of negotiation between the insurer and health system after the prior commercial business contract expired at the end of December. It applies to all Anthem Small Group plans: PPO, HMO, and EPO. Anthem honored a transition to allow members continued access to Sutter Health providers through March 31, 2019.
Facilities and physician groups that are part of the new Anthem/Sutter contract include the following:
- Alta Bates Summit MC – Alta Bates
- Alta Bates Summit MC – Summit Campus
- California Pacific Medical Center – California
- California Pacific Medical Center – Davies
- California Pacific Medical Center – Pacific
- California Pacific Medical Center – St. Luke’s
- Eden Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital Los Banos
- Memorial Hospital Medical Center – Modesto
- Menlo Park Surgical Hospital
- Mills Health Center
- Mills-Peninsula Hospital & Medical Center
- Novato Community Hospital
- Stanislaus Surgical Hospital
- Sutter Amador Hospital
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
- Sutter Coast Hospital
- Sutter Davis Hospital
- Sutter Delta Medical Center
- Sutter Lakeside Hospital
- Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center of Santa Cruz
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
- Sutter Solano Medical Center
- Sutter Surgical Hospital – North Valley
- Sutter Tracy Community Hospital
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation/Camino Site
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation/Mills Peninsula Division
- Palo Alto Foundation/Santa Cruz Site
- Peninsula Medical Clinic
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation-Diablo Division
- Sutter Gould Medical Foundation
- Sutter Independent Physicians
- Sutter Medical Group – Sacramento/Placer Division
- Sutter Medical Group – Solano Division
- Sutter Medical Group – Yolo Division
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
If you have questions, contact your Word & Brown representative or the Account Management team (send an email to AccountManagement@wordandbrown.com, or call 1-866-380-0053).
More Californians and Nevadans Getting Health Coverage
Posted: August 25, 2021 | Industry News
With an expansion of health insurance subsidies included in the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act authorized by Congress and signed into law by President...
Easily Earn CE Credits Online to Maintain Your Insurance License
Posted: July 27, 2021 | Technology
The shutdown of the economy and cessation of most in-person training events targeting health insurance brokers in response to COVID-19 has prompted many to...
IRS Announces Extended Carrier Reporting Deadline
Posted: June 29, 2021 | Compliance
6055 and 6056 Reporting Good news! On Monday, 12/28/2015, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released Notice 2016-4, which announces an extended deadline for carriers...
Customize Your Enrollment Solution
Posted: June 28, 2021 | Technology
Consider customizing your EaseCentral portal – it’s easy and is a great way to create a custom experience for your clients and their employees....
Test Your ACA Knowledge – Question 2
Posted: June 27, 2021 | Compliance
Name two of the 10 Essential Health Benefits of the ACA. Ambulatory patient services Emergency services Hospitalization (like surgery and overnight stays) Pregnancy, maternity,...