A lot of health insurance business is written during the fourth quarter of the year. Much of it is for coverage effective in December or January, although other effective dates apply for many groups.
With so much business written during peak season, it can be a stressful time for health insurance brokers as well as employers. However, it does not have to be that way when you take advantage of the tools, resources, and professional expertise offered through Word & Brown.
We have been partnering with brokers for more than 35 years, and we have the tools, technology, and people to help you not only survive but thrive during peak season.
Word & Brown’s Q4 microsite offers you one central location, where you can find underwriting information, carrier tools, top documents, customizable broker resources, and links to technology and news that will help set you apart from your competition.
Link to and download the most-used documents that are part our online forms library, including:
- DE 9C Information: Carrier-specific guidelines when a quarterly wage report is not required on California groups
- Common Ownership: Find out what each health plan’s rules are when it comes to multiple businesses under a single or multiple Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TINs)
- Husband & Wife Groups: Health plan-specific information on who will write a Husband & Wife group
- Owner-Only Groups: Info on who will (and who will not) write an owner-only group
- Participation and Alongside Guidelines: Get information when a carrier will write standalone or alongside another carrier
- Start-Up Groups: State and carrier-specific information on Medical coverage for newly established businesses
- Ancillary Length of Time in Business: Carrier- and administrator-specific information on availability of Ancillary coverage for Start-Up Groups
- Participation Guides: Find out more about what participation is required for Dental and Vision
- PEO Guidelines: Get to know the rules on staying in or leaving a Professional Employer Organization
- Valid Waivers: Find out what’s considered a Valid Waiver for each of our health plan partners
- Waiting Period Options: Read each health plan’s guidance on Waiting Periods
- New Hire Rating Guide: Get information on New Hire rates – and whether they are based on a member’s age at enrollment or age on the coverage effective date
- Special Open Enrollment Window: Get the carrier-specific guidelines for coverage enrolled during the annual Special Open Enrollment Window (Nov-Dec)
- Payroll Chart Guide: Refer to our Minimum Wage tables for full-time and part-time workers
- Cannabis Industry Carrier Acceptance: Find out who is writing coverage for employers engaged in cannabis-related businesses
This section of the Q4 site includes underwriting updates available during Q4. Check back often to ensure you know about the most-recent promotions that may be available for your clients.
Select your state and easily find the carrier-specific materials available to help you streamline your Q4 enrollments. There is also information on average turnaround time for each health plan.
Customizable Broker Resources
Word & Brown is committed to helping you write and retain more business. We offer a variety of customizable materials to assist you during peak season, including:
- Broker Comparison Checklist
- COBRA/POP Flyer
- Sample Client Letter (by state)
- Proposal Request Form (by state)
- ACA Quick Reference Guide (by state)
- Census Template (by group size and state)
- HRWow Flyer (client HR support)
Word & Brown’s industry-leading technology and innovative sales tools are designed to simplify your quoting, enrollment, and health care provider searches. They make life easier for you, your clients, and their employees.
Our tools and tech include, but are not limited to:
- Integrated Provider Search Tool – We can help ensure your clients get their preferred medical groups, doctors, and hospitals in the plan(s) they’re considering
- Comparison Quoting – Our quoting platform offers you the ability to view side-by-side plan comparisons of current, renewal, and recommended alternatives; built-in safeguards prevent errors and make it clear when a deductible applies
- Mobile-friendly Quoting – WBQuote Lite is perfect for quoting on the go – giving you the ability to make on-the-flyer changes like census updates and much more
- Online Enrollment – API integration makes it easy for you to go from quote to online enrollment with just one click
- Mobile ID Card – Word & Brown’s exclusive WBMedID gives your clients and their employees free access to a Medical ID Card on their smartphone as soon as coverage is approved by four of our health plan partners (California only)
- Large Group Expertise – Whether your new to Large Group or you’re writing your first 101+ case, we tools and experts to help you close the deal.
Get Your Buzz On
The Word & Brown Q4 site also makes it easy for you to stay up to date on the latest news from our health plan partners. You can find out who is offering a new business bonus, who is offering Continuing Education (CE) courses or other training, and what’s new on the GA website.
Wait, There’s More
In addition to tools, information, and resources on our Q4 microsite, you can find a treasure trove of additional tools, support, and information available online through our recently redesigned Word & Brown website.
- Online enrollment kits
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) calculators
- Health Plan Reference Guides (organized by state and market niche)
- ACA compliance information and resources
- Webinars and podcasts
- Mobile business portfolio management with WBBroker
Unmatched Professional Expertise
Of course, the most important thing to remember in Q4 – and all-year long – is that Word & Brown offers unparalleled expertise backed by a team with combined experience in the health insurance industry exceeding XXX years.
Our Broker Resources, Underwriting, Account Management, Compliance, Sales, and Marketing staff members are here to help you quote, enroll, write, and retain more business in Q4. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance.
Relieve Your Peak Season Stress
If you’re ready to put the tools, technology, and team at Word & Brown to work for you during Q4 – and all of 2021 – contact your Word & Brown representative or one of our six regional offices in California and Nevada. We’re committed to you and your continued success.
Health Insurance Broker
2020 Salary Guide
For a sneak peek at what you can expect to earn as an insurance agent, get a copy of our “Insurance Broker Salary Guide.”