During fourth quarter, it’s easy to get swept up in the rush of peak season and fail to consider all of the technology advantages that you have available to you through Word & Brown.
Our technology is an important part of what sets Word & Brown apart from others in our industry, and it can go a long way to help set you apart from other brokers serving the Small Group and Large Group markets.
Word & Brown made a big splash in the Small Group marketplace when we introduced our cutting-edge Quot-O-Matic® quoting engine in the 1980s. We revolutionized quoting for brokers by developing the first-ever system that accurately consolidated rates and information for multiple health insurance plans into a single proposal for client presentations.
That innovation continues today with WBQuote, which offers:
- quote that automatically highlights benefit differences side-by-side for current, renewal, and comparable alternative plans
- outputs in your choice of English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Korean, including enrollment worksheets
- print-ready output in PDF or Excel
- Excel output that can be edited and pasted into any other document
- two varieties of enrollment worksheets and HIPAA-compliant kits we put together for your group’s enrollment or renewal
- New-Hire Worksheets that correctly calculate a new-hire’s age based on each carrier’s guidelines
- Underwriting and pending item status and response available via our website – and coming to our mobile app
- a census import that accepts both Ease and HealthConnect templates (just drag and drop)
- member access to Medical ID Card information on their smartphones as soon as a case is carrier approved by Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, and Health Net (California only)
OLE and Other Integrations
We understand the importance of a seamless workflow, including integrations with products you use to do business. Through our Application Program Interfaces (APIs), we are aiming to save you re-entry of data, speeding up your sales process, and enhancing your service to clients.
That’s why we’re proud to offer:
- an integrated provider search within our quote updated by direct carrier feed – so our data is more complete, accurate, and up-to-date than any third-party service used by other GAs – ensuring your groups get access to the health care providers they want in the plans they are considering
- integration of our quote software with online enrollment technology from CaliforniaChoice, Ease, and GoCo (with more platforms coming soon!)
- free HR support for clients through our HRWow program – giving employers the ability to ask unlimited HR questions and get customizable forms and an employee handbook
More to Come
We are working to finalize development on new technology to drive efficiencies in Q4, 2020 and beyond.
In the near future, you can expect the addition of:
- Ancillary quoting with employer contributions
- A premium deposit statement showing Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life cost and contributions from any combination quoted
- Ancillary enrollment worksheets for Dental, Vision, and Life
- output in PowerPoint and a new version of Excel
- a single page consolidated benefit and rate display for up to 15 employees
- holistic displays of Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life cost breakdowns
- rate tables without having to run a quote
- API-integrated Life quotes from Anthem for groups of all sizes (Anthem Blue Cross in California; Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield in Nevada)
Help When You Need It
All of us at Word & Brown are committed to delivering the support, services, and technology you need to be more successful. Don’t hesitate to contact your Word & Brown representative, or any of our six regional offices to learn more.
Health Insurance Broker
2020 Salary Guide
For a sneak peek at what you can expect to earn as an insurance agent, get a copy of our “Insurance Broker Salary Guide.”