Word & Brown’s annual online Continuing Education (CE) event, Week of Webinars, returns June 14, 2021, and offers a full week of CE with 10 new courses and a total of 13 CE Credits. The lineup of presenters and guest speakers includes industry experts as well as leadership from the National Association of Heath Underwriters (NAHU).
Paul Roberts, Director of Education and Market Development
- Sunsetting the COVID-19 Pandemic (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #385565)
- COBRA Administration During COVID-19 (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #385564)
- Ethics I: Foundational Ethics and Principles for Health Insurance Agents (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #366636)
- Diversity and Inclusion (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #385663)
- SCOTUS and the Constitutionality of the ACA (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #385029
Paul leads educational initiatives and provides oversight for the Word & Brown Compliance team in California and Nevada. A 15-year veteran of the GA, he is a frequent speaker and author, and is highly active in underwriter association leadership at national, state, and local levels.
Scott Diehl, Vice President of Product & Digital Strategy
- Broker Online Security (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #385669)
- Online Collaboration for the Insurance Agent (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #385839)
Scott oversees the Word & Brown General Agency software and insurance product portfolio, including strategy, quoting websites, mobile applications, API infrastructure, enrollment, and inforce policy management – providing integrated solutions to help solve real-world problems for brokers and their customers.
Rene Gonzalez, Senior Compliance Analyst
- Ethics II: Worthy of Your Clients’ Trust (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #366671)
- Ethics III: True North: NAHU Code of Ethics as a Moral Compass for Agents (1 Hour CE Credit; Course #368971)
- Account Based Plan: Pandemic Changes (1 Hour CE Credit; CE #385667)
- Fast Flash Compliance Tips (1 Hour CE Credit; CE #385668)
Rene has more than 1 years of health insurance experience. He played an integral role in the development and launch of the Word & Brown Compliance department. His familiarity with the ACA and other health laws makes him a great broker resource.
Marilyn Monahan, ERISA Attorney
- 2021 Legislative Update from Washington, DC (1 Hour CE Credit; CE #385888)
Marilyn is an ERISA attorney whose practice focuses on advising employers and insurance consultants on the benefits industry. Her specialties include ERISA counsel, ACA reporting and compliance, leave laws, HIPAA, and COBRA. She lectures frequently on benefits developments.
Marcy Buckner, Sr. VP, Government Affairs, NAHU
- Leave Laws and Employee Benefits in a Pandemic (1 Hour CE Credit; CE #385739)
Marcy Buckner, J.D., is senior vice president of government affairs at NAHU. She manages monitoring of state legislatures, insurance departments, and intergovernmental organizations, coordinating efforts to advance the interests of professional health insurance producers. She is liaison to multiple federal agencies.
If you’re a California broker, Week of Webinars is the only place you can earn so many CE Credits in just a few days – all without leaving your office or home. WOW offers a convenient online format, a wide range of topics, and the opportunity to earn cash awards, too. At the end of each webinar, Word & Brown will have a raffle drawing when three participants can win a $100 cash reward. A second drawing will be held among attendees who take part in all 13 webinars, with a raffle prize of $1,300.
If you plan to register for WOW, please keep in mind that the Department of Insurance requires brokers to take 24 different hours of CE within a two-year license period; three hours must be Ethics classes. You can view your records with the California Department of Insurance for a listing of the CE classes you’ve taken in your current license period to ensure you are eligible to earn CE credits for your planned WOW classes.
To register for WOW 2021, click here. Don’t wait, registration always fills up quickly.
Health Insurance Broker
For a sneak peek at what you can expect to earn as an insurance agent, get a copy of our “Insurance Broker Salary Guide.”